OAI volunteers provide assistance, empathic listening, and comfort to families of children and adolescents undergoing complex medical treatments during hospitalization.
OAI volunteers undergo ongoing multidisciplinary training, enabling them to provide continuous support to families of children throughout complex care pathways, even during crisis situations.
Thank you! We thank you for your competence and your discretion which make the sometimes long hospitalisations of our children more humane, even the days of surgeries.
We thank your charity for being present alongside us parents and for bringing to the healthcare team a different perspective during the hospitalization of our children. Your presence and your support are necessary, useful and indispensable.
A presence always discreet that cares for the families with humility and empathic listening, always ready to make people smile, us too. From the heart.
The association was able to reassure us and support us during this tough trial with attention, constant presence and discretion.
Being an Oscar's Angels Italia’s volunteer is an important growth experience especially on a persona and human level.
Apply by sending an email to email@example.com.
The first selection is by telephone interview, during which the role of the OAI volunteer in the hospital is presented in detail and the candidate can elaborate on their motivations and expectations. Candidates who meet the requirements will then have an in-person meet with the training manager for further discussion.
The selected volunteers, supported by a Tutor, begin the hospital internship, which lasts for at least six months.
After a final evaluation by OAI’s training coordinator and health staff members, volunteers can work alongside health care teams. They also commit to completing the theoretical training modules.
• Oscar’s Angels Italia: history and governance
• The legal aspects of being a volunteer
• The essence of the charity’s work
• Patient and Family Advocacy
• Oscar’s Angels Italia and the Pediatric Hospitals: projects
• The unit: operating procedures, speciﬁc features
• Pediatric Neuro-Oncology: the basics
• The volunteer’s role in Pediatric Neuro-oncology
• The unit: operaTIng procedures, specific features
• The pathologies: basics Surgery techniques
• The volunteer’s role in Pediatric Neurosurgery
• The unit: operating procedures, specific features
• The pathologies: basics
• The volunteer’s role in Paediatric Neurology and Neurorehabilitation
• The unit: operating procedures, specific features and requirements
• The pathologies: basics
• The volunteer’s role in the ICU
• Psychological aspects of working in a pediatric unit
• The volunteer’s role within a healthcare team
• Basic notions
• Brain anatomy
• Imaging and clinical cases
• What really means “Communication”
• Communicate with Paediatric Patients and their Parents effectively
• Active listening
• Concepts: Hospice, Palliative Care, End of Life Care
• Childhood pain
• Ethics and children’s rights